Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Know Your Resource Restrictions

     There are many benefits to being a college student for example the classic example is that there are resources that you have free access to that would usually cost an arm and a leg to use like Tutors, Professors with real life experience, TAs and a large library with access to databases and online resources. With that there is a myth of that these are unlimited and available all the time; this is not completely true.
     I have found time to blog this because I went home for the Easter Holiday weekend and I tried to work on my final paper for English being in a slight rush to get home I forgot to grab the manila folder that had the print outs of my resources with my highlights and notes. Naturally I go to my annotated bibliography and cut and pasted the URLs into the web browser. On all of the tabs popped up a message saying that I needed to put in the username and password to continue on to the page, so I typed in the one that I use to log on to all of the school's accounts and they do not work. I tried to get in by using the links on the schools web page and the same thing happened. I think that if there is going to be some sort of restriction as to what network I need to be on to access it as I do all of my work on my laptop then they should specify in a obvious place. I have just been  having the worst luck as of late with anything that has to do with the schools online information.
     Other things that you have to consider that is commonly forgotten is that  the library does close and professors do have lives after school hours. So always make sure that there is time to get what you need

No comments:

Post a Comment