Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

The Nest

     A lot of people forget the other half of the emptynest syndrome, the college student. Now as with the parents there is unlimited variation of how a college student adapts to being on their own at school. I have gotten over my home sickness at a young age because I have been going on weeklong camping without my parents around for several years when I was young. Now I work at one for roughly 9 weeks out of the year.
     Being at college without anyone immediately in the area is not unusual for me. With that being said I do not hate my home, rather I enjoy the space and the ability not having to report my every move to the King and Queen of my being. There is nothing that I love more than going back to real life which includes real food (Yes I'm that guy). But even though I am used to being out of the house there are times when the craving to go back is just great that not satisfying it would be unwise. Never forget where you come from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment