The French Press may seem alien to some as it tends to be a unconventional way to the American thought of brewing Coffee, Espresso or Cappuccino with our good friend Mr.Coffee. The difference is that there is not a place that this could be considered a fire hazard as it is only a glass vessel with a lid and a straining disk on it. Also the press is relatively cheap to buy compared to the coffee pot.
To use it you will need the fallowing:
- The French press
- Ground Coffee, Espresso, Tea leaves what or ever your poison is that you love to drink while you cram.
- A microwave safe mug / Measuring cup that can hold more water then your press can hold. (Some will turn to vapor while it heats up)
- A drinking mug
- *Fixings if you can't handle the purity of the drink.
- Step 1: Spoon the coffee into the press (see what the company recommends as to proportions for water to grounds or leaves
- Step 2: Fill the measuring cup and put it in the microwave to boil (Keep watching it at all times in case of overly rapid boiling)
- Step 3: Poor the water into the press
- Step 4: place the lid on with the disk at the top( Do not push the disk to the bottom as it will render the efforts useless
- Step 5: Wait about 5 Minutes
- Step 6: push the disk to the bottom
- Step 7: poor out and enjoy.
There are a ton of great types of flavors out there to explore and you are not limited by what k-cups are available